Institute of Information Technology and Computer
Due to the importance of information and communication technology and its impact on various aspects of human life, the Information Technology and Computer Research Institute as one of the detailed organizational units of the GUAT has been approved by the Office of Planning and Budget and Organization of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology in 2008.
The structure of this research institute consists of three research groups including Computer and Information Technology, Telecommunication Systems and Intelligent Networks, and Cognitive Science and Intelligent Processing. The first group to be established was the Computer and Information Technology Group, where its agreement in principle was obtained in 2006 from the Higher Education Development Council of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. It should be noted that to achieve the goals of the university to develop and institutionalize science and technology in the field of information and communications systems, move towards meeting national needs and expanding and deepening the activities of the research institute, obtaining agreements to launch two other research groups it is on the agenda and the relevant measures are being taken in parallel.
Objectives and missions:
- Production of science in the field of information and communication technology through the implementation of basic, applied, and developmental research projects in related fields, and the publication of their results in the form of scientific articles, books, software packages, and the like.,
- Cooperation and participation in conducting interdisciplinary research with related educational-research institutions in the country and abroad in the form of existing rules and regulations
- Active and constructive cooperation and partnership with industries and organizations in the field of information and communication technology in the form of reviewing and identifying the research needs of these units and laying the groundwork for solving them.
- Providing scientific consulting and technical supervision services to industries, organizations, and all executive bodies related to various fields of information and communication technology
- Planning and participation in improving the level of scientific, technical managerial capabilities of managers and specialists in the field of information and communication technology by providing workshops and training-research courses
- Designing and setting up specialized laboratories to provide the necessary basis for conducting experimental research and practical implementation of research products and providing laboratory services to applicant organizations and industries
- Planning to set up and create technology-based and knowledge-based units to commercialize research products, create employment and generate wealth
- Cooperation and participation in launching postgraduate courses to train specialized human resources in the field of information technology.