Objectives and research areas:
- utilizing renewable and clean energies with the aim to contribute to protection of environment through pollution reduction
- contributing to providing heat and electrical energy through renewable energies especially for remote areas
- assessing the potential of renewable energy resources by new technologies
- establishing energy parks including a set of pilots of renewable energy applications such as solar and wind power plants, buildings, etc.
- studying the alternative biofuels and establishing the laboratories for bio-energy, fuel and combustion engines.
- employing advanced systems of energy conversion such as hybrid systems, Sterling engine systems, as well as systems combined cooling, heat and power generation
- establishing a laboratory for renewable energies as the main laboratory in the region
- modelling and optimizing the combustion in internal combustion engines, industrial furnaces, boilers, and torches